Staying ‘current’ in your line of work isn’t always easy, I often feel a tug-of war between the demands of staying on top of the evolving business practices of my profession and keeping current with what is happening within the industry that I work. I’m passionate about dedicating time to learning and developing across both areas – add to that the desire to build leadership skills, emotional intelligence, peer relationships, time management and other skills. Continually developing and growing as a professional takes purpose and effort.
One of the areas that I find often meets a number of my development needs at once is attending industry conferences. I feel inspired networking with peers and hearing what challenges they’re facing and how they’re meeting them, how they’re approaching new trends or what tools and technology they’re embracing – brief chats over a cup of coffee or at a lunch table often leave me with thoughts or ideas that last beyond the conference.
As an HR or Learning professional, you have a terrific such resource available – only weeks away, the 2015 Global Skillsoft Perspectives Conference.
Here are seven reasons why, as a SumTotal customer, you’ll find value in attending the 2015 Global Skillsoft Perspectives Conference:
1) SumTotal Breakout Sessions: SumTotal product-specific insight presented alongside trends and best-practice sharing from our experts – whether you are a SumTotal user, team leader or manager, or exploring ways to modernize your processes – these sessions will provide you with a few tips.
Tip: Don’t miss the SumTotal Innovation session on Wednesday afternoon, as we highlight some of the ways we’re creating new solutions to meet the evolving needs of today’s modern organizations.
2) Product Showcase: This provides a great opportunity to speak one-on-one with product experts, see demos and get hands-on product insight – and a time to network with your peers.
3) Customer Sessions: Learn firsthand how SumTotal customers are leveraging Skillsoft content within SumTotal Learn, driving adoption and measurable results of the LMS and transforming the performance management process –these are just a few of the topics being addressed by SumTotal customers during the conference.
4) SumTotal Workshops: We are offering a terrific 90-minute workshop featuring two of our SumTotal executives sharing their experience working with customers to harness the power of Extended Enterprise – including leveraging e-commerce capabilities to monetize your learning investment and extend the reach of learning and development programs to partners and customers. There are also a number of compelling workshops that appeal to a variety of audiences regardless of the products you currently use – including topics such as aligning programs and organizational goals, developing a continuous learning framework and enhancing the end-user experience to increase adoption.
5) Networking Opportunities: There will be ample opportunities throughout the conference to meet your peers and share best practices, challenges and ask questions. In addition to Wednesday’s exciting Universal CityWalk® Block Party, don’t miss Monday’s evening welcome reception and the networking breakfasts each morning.
Tip: Watch for upcoming communication on a designated time during Perspectives to meet with other SumTotal users and learn how you can get involved in various customer feedback groups that help you connect with your peers, and connect users directly with our product management teams to provide insight on product direction.
6) Skillsoft Sessions and Workshops: Many of the Skillsoft sessions provide terrific industry best-practices and insight, valuable for SumTotal and Skillsoft customers alike – a few relevant topics include integrating technology and learning, building effective compliance programs and aligning learning to corporate strategy.
7) General Sessions and Keynote Speakers: Our general sessions appeal to both SumTotal and Skillsoft attendees, and include a number of terrific executives and guest speakers covering relevant topics like employee engagement, the modern workforce, defining corporate culture and innovation in learning – as well as a fun, interactive Industry Expert Panel discussing “Talent Analytics in Practice”.
I encourage you to check out the Perspectives website for updates on workshops and breakout sessions and download a SumTotal specific agenda, created to highlight sessions created specifically for SumTotal customers. Don’t miss this terrific opportunity to network with your peers, learn some new best practices and hear from industry gurus from around the globe.